Friday, September 2, 2011

Playing a little catch up! LOL

So August has come and gone so quickly. Alot happened in August (always does).


I can NOT  believe that my girls just turned 5!!! Where does the time go?! I remember like it was yesterday, coming home from the hospital after quiting my job to be with my little preemies, saying "oh I have 5 YEARS with them!". Now it is like WHAT that was NOT 5 years........ How could it be..... It went to fast...... Go back I need more time!!!! I have absolutely LOVED being home with them!! I would not trade anything to do it ALL over again. (I dont have birthday pictures on the computer yet but I will upload shortly)

Ok so if you cant tell the 5 year mark means alot!!! My baby girls have started school and I am possibly going back to work (if I find the right job). First the girls going to school has been something I have cried over off and on for the past yr. It just does not seem right that my babies are in school. They are too little! It feels like the beginning of the end. My girls will be in school most of the yr until they turn 18 and move out or go to college! I hate the thought of it.... It is making me tear up now thinking about it. (I know this may sound stupid but its how I feel. ;)) I wish I could home school them but I really want them to have the interaction w other kids too. The good thing is they seem to really like the school, teachers and kids so far. Only day 2 but so far it seems to be going good. Jay is usually my little go getter and doesn't care where I leave her but she said that she cried during nap time yesterday bc she missed me.. My poor little sweet girl. And Kay is usually the one to cling to us crying not wanting us to leave. But she has adjusted very quickly this time. This am she was mad that I walked them in. She wanted me to just drop her off at the door. So she walked ahead of us. Lol!





Secondly on this 5 year mark the job thing. I am really hoping that I can go to work for my Dads business (he makes interior shutters). That way maybe I can have a little flexibility for the girls. I don't want to get an 8-5 job where we have to pay for childcare, there is no flexibility for me to take off if they are sick or have an activity, or that I cant take them to work or work from home on occasion. So I hope things will pan out where I can work for him. Also my mom and step dad own a fence business and now that my brother and sister are older my mom is hoping to get an "outside" job. If she can find one than she ask me to help them w her secretary work for their business. So I am really praying that things will work out somehow so I have a flexible schedule. I never realized, until having the girls, that businesses are not very "family" friendly like alot claim to be. *****to true working parents please take NO offense. Some people have to work and others love to work (I have never loved a "job" enough, my love has been being at home with my girls. it has been the only "job" I have LOVED), this is just my opinion.*****  I have always told DH that I did NOT have kids for someone else (daycare, grandparents, etc) to raise them. Hopefully something will work out soon before DH wants me to start looking for something other than w my dads business or helping my mom.

On another note I received an email I have been waiting on...... The girls tried out on August 20th for the Troupe Dance Team at the dance studio they have been taking from for almost 3yrs now. Troupe compete, they perform in shows, they travel (the girls wont this yr but in the next few yrs they will), and they perform the BIG production numbers at the recitals. So I have been waiting for that email to come letting me know if they made it or not................. THEY DID!!!!! Wooohooooo!!!!! We are so proud and excited for them! They are excited they get to dance with the big kids now. LOL! I cant wait to see what doors this will open for them as they get older.


 

 Dance Pictures from 2010

  

No comments:

Post a Comment